Wedding Planning for me is a natural extension of my love for love, weddings, beautiful designs, gorgeous details, happy couples, and all the romance that make up a great love story. And, with my love for simplifying tasks, meticulous attention to detail and flexible approach, it’s only natural for me to help you to plan a beautiful wedding day that is all about you.
I love love and I’m passionate about helping you to celebrate yours to the fullest. I don’t have a cookie cutter approach to weddings as I believe that each wedding and the details that make up each one is so unique to you (just like your DNA). So, I work with you to plan, design and create the vision you have for your day.
From sourcing simple touches like calligraphed place cards to scheduling appointments for your dress fittings, I provide an individual bespoke service that will create treasured memories for you long after the celebrations are over.
My background in events and project management is a helpful string to my bow when it comes to how I plan and manage your wedding. I have managed projects, events and weddings for a good number of years now (more than 10 years as it happens), and understand how important it is to plan in order to have a flawless celebration.
I translated all my corporate experience into getting a diploma in bridal consulting, a long distance programme from the School of Bridal Consulting based in Atlanta, Georgia. I’m an associate member of the UK Alliance of Wedding Planners and I’m also doing an event and wedding planning course with the QC Event School.
My clients are usually very busy people, modern romantics, who are often pressed for time but still want an elegant and fabulous wedding celebration!
I live in the beautiful, quiet suburb of Surrey which is right next door to the vibrant, cosmopolitan city of London. And work with clients like you all over greater London, Surrey, the UK and abroad.
When I’m not planning weddings and events, you can find me, doing box fit or spin classes at my local gym, reading an uplifting book, shopping, catching up with friends in restaurants or watching a movie.
Some random facts about me:
- I love period dramas. Watched all the series of Downton Abbey and want to get myself the entire box set for Christmas.
- I love to cook and try out new recipes (I do enjoy watching Masterchef)
- I like car racing and watch formula one when I can. Something about all that speed that gets the adrenaline going!
- I love a bit of retail therapy
- I’m an avid reader (spent this summer reading (and watching) most of Catherine Cookson’s books) Tilly Trotter remains a favorite.
- I love colour! Both pastels and deep tones. It is almost always the basis of any good design.
- I’m an aunt to seven nieces and nephews.
- I love the contrast of the vibrancy and bustle of the big city (London) to escaping to the countryside to commune with nature.
- My personal mantra that I live by is a quote by Maya Angelou ‘ when you know better, you do better’.
‘Our wedding day was absolutely perfect! Cynthia and Sarah were very professional, organised and meticulous in every detail. I don’t know how we would have coped without them. Wonderful!’ – Sophia & Aaron (bride and groom)
‘Working with Cynthia was the best choice. She was hands on from day one, helped chase up vendors and the most amazing part was when we had a décor crisis two hours before the event was meant to start, she handled it perfectly. Life saver!’ – Funmi (bride)